Today we're testing Neocities hosting. It supports up to 20MB (200MB for supporters, athought we don't need it) and HTTPS.
- Impressed when I see that it tries to learn web coding.
- I hate this text editor: the autocomplete is annoying and can't be disabled. Emmet could be more helpful.
- Bugs, small bugs everywhere. An example? Read below.
- Doesn't support any type of server configuration, i.e.: can't handle .html-less urls.
- Well, it's still possible to hack the 404 page to support that
, although it will make those pages not indexable and proxies will break it.
- It allows internacionalized e-mails, but it doesn't send one neither in the sign-up neither in the password recovery forms.
Update: it doesn't allow internacionalized domains, like 🐱.qgustavor.tk, only their punycode translations.
It's a good hosting for single page applications/websites (like this one), really small blogs, but not for me.
By the way, check my blog: qgustavor.tk.
Are you a browser developer? Open this page in incognito mode then fix your browser.